Dec 14th, 2009 Posted in Education, F/LOSS News, What Chix Think | No Comments »
Give $6 for 6
The main LinuxChix
website is hosted by the fine folk at Oregon State University Open Source Lab (OSUOSL), along with a host (pun intended) of other fine opensource communities like Apache
, and the LinuxFoundation
. One of these, or any of the other communities
helped out by OSUOSL, should give the encouragement you need to give $6 for 6
in honor of OSUOSL’s 6th year anniversary.
MIT OpenCourseWare. 1900 Free MIT Class materials.
MIT. Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds. Free lecture notes, exams, and videos from MIT OpenCourseWare
. MIT Education without the MIT cost. I’ve gone through both the Algorithms
courses and just these two are well worth a small donation.
EFF is the leading civil liberties group defending your rights in the digital world. Protecting our digital rights is an ongoing battle and funds are needed especially when the financial belt feels tightest. If possible consider giving yourself the gift of EFF membership
, or at least some EFF swag
Sep 8th, 2009 Posted in Education, F/LOSS News | No Comments »
The Anita Borg Systers Pass-it-on Award applications for a financial stipend of $500-$1000 USD to women either in, or aspiring to be in, the field of computing. From the RFP page some possible uses for the stipend could include
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
Applications close November 4, 2009. More information and an application can be had here http://www.anitaborg.org/initiatives/systers/pass-it-on-grants-program